There can be times when a dentist will have to perform a difficult wisdom tooth extraction. This may result in a condition known as paresthesia (possible nerve damage). It is a good idea to take a look at some important observations to appreciate such a situation.
– Most numbness or tingling will be transient in nature.
– Damage may be permanent on very rare occasions.
– During most wisdom tooth removals, the nerve is not affected.
“The wisdom teeth are located close to a major nerve that runs through the jaw.”
More advice is listed at this link:
Did you know that improperly cleaning your teeth and gums might cause your tongue to change colour? Many individuals are unaware of the connection between a black tongue and poor oral hygiene and other problems. What causes such a condition? Let’s take a closer look.
– You might be dehydrated, running a low-grade fever or have a condition known as oral thrush.
– Chewing tobacco and smoking are known causes.
– B12 vitamin deficiency may be the issue.
“First, you’ll need to determine the cause of your tongue discoloration with a dentist or doctor.”
Additional information can be found below:https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/tongue-discoloration-symptoms-causes-and-treatments/
You might be surprised to learn that if you have veneers on your teeth, you can still get orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth. Let us take a look at three options:
– Braces with brackets can often be safely placed on well-constructed veneers.
– The dentist might be able to avoid the veneered teeth when placing brackets.
– Invisalign aligners are another option that are removable and won’t be attached to teeth at all.
“Invisalign works by customising a series of clear trays designed to fit your smile.”
Take a look at what your dentist or orthodontist may take into account:
Tooth-whitening is a very popular procedure with many additional benefits besides visual aesthetics alone. Were you aware that bright teeth are related to a healthy mental outlook? Let’s examine three reasons behind this correlation.
– Those who are unafraid to smile will leave a positive and lasting impression.
– You will have a natural self-confidence boost.
– You will focus less time on your outer appearance, and more on other people.
“A white smile can also make you appear younger, healthier, and more attractive.”
Learn about some additional benefits here:
There are several ways to relieve pain your child may be feeling when his or her first teeth begin to enter. What are three recommendations that dentists make?
– Freeze fruit and place it within a mesh bag, as this will avoid any potential choking hazards.
– Frozen spoons and washcloths have also been used with beneficial effects.
– There are many teething toys which can be frozen and given to the child.
“Never give your baby whole frozen fruit as they may choke.”
An in-depth description of these objects can be found here:https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/tips-for-treating-teething-pain-in-infants/
Did you know that there is a link between crooked teeth and the health of your heart? Misaligned teeth are known to build up plaque and this substance can increase the risk of gum disease as well as inflammation throughout your body.
The good news is that your dentist will provide you with a few options to straighten your teeth.
– Treatment times range between six months and two years.
– Lingual braces are placed behind the teeth so they are not noticeable.
– Plastic retainers like Invisalign are very discreet and can be removed to clean the teeth
“Crooked teeth can be hereditary.”
Read more here to appreciate each option in greater detail:
There are a number of ways, including changing bad habits, to help improve your smile. The appearance of your teeth and gums can affect self-confidence.
– We all need regular check-ups with a dentist for professional teeth cleaning to remove tartar build-up.
– Maintain a daily oral health routine including twice daily brushing and flossing.
– Avoid drinks such as tea and coffee, plus nicotine, which can stain teeth.
“Steer clear of smoking that yellows the teeth and can potentially lead to mouth cancer and other conditions.”
Read the full story here https://healthable.org/fix-these-bad-habits-to-improve-your-smile/
Root canal treatment involves the dentist removing infected or damaged nerve tissue. The procedure is relatively straightforward but the recovery can cause problems if proper care of the affected site is not taken.
While the wound is still fresh there are some commonsense guidelines that should be followed:
– Avoid chewing on the affected side of the mouth
– Stick to soft foods for the immediate period after treatment
– Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush gently
Root canal treatment is the best way to preserve natural teeth but “some soreness in the mouth” is to be expected after surgery although this can usually be alleviated with over-the-counter medications. Read more at https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/how-to-care-for-a-tooth-after-a-root-canal/
Teeth grinding can lead to worn teeth and gum inflammation, with children’s newly forming adult teeth especially at risk. Also known as bruxism, you should consult a dentist if you think this is affecting your child. A morning headache is often the first symptom.
– A major cause of teeth grinding is stress, so managing any stress your child is experiencing is essential.
– A misaligned bite can be painful and your child’s teeth grinding may be a reaction to this pain.
– A dentist can help get to the underlying cause of your child’s bruxism, vital in working out a solution.
“Your dentist can create a custom mouthguard for your child so that his or her teeth will be protected while you’re seeking treatment.”
Read the full story here
It is possible to have a white smile even with dental implants and dentures. Your dentist can advise on professional teeth whitening when you have dental restoration work.
– Having your teeth whitened prior to dental restoration work ensures a uniform colour for all the teeth.
– A partial denture will be made to match the rest of your teeth after whitening.
– The crown on an implant is made from porcelain and is resistant to staining and whitening.
– The denture is created from different material that absorbs stains, but is resistant to whitening. Keep these fresh with professional polishing as well as regular brushing.
“Since dentures are typically made out of a different material than the dental crown that completes your dental implant, they are more apt to absorb stains. It’s best if stains are removed daily through regular brushing and cleaning of your full or partial dentures.”
Read the full story here