What Does Private Dentistry Actually Mean?
At Craigentinny, it simply means we want you to experience great care from the moment you contact us to the moment you leave. Private dental care is provided by our most experienced team members. All of our private dentists all have more than 20 years of clinical experience to draw on in planning your care. Through lots of additional training as well as hard won experience they understand that subtle issues like tooth grinding, uncontrolled wear, gum disease and bite imbalances can lead to more serious problems if not identified and addressed.
Everyone at Craigentinny takes pride being a good communicator from our receptionists through to our dentists. We value getting to know you, your likes and dislikes and always aim for you to see the same team members at every visit. This means we can understand your dental health goals and give you meaningful feedback. Our Oral Health Score system means our patients know where their dental health is at the moment and also what could be done to improve it, you should expect much more than “just a check up” from our experienced team. We will always discuss options with you and give you a clear summary of the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment. Even if the news we have to share with you is not what you wished for our team will be honest and helpful throughout.
Private dentistry has no restrictions on the materials or techniques that are used, so you are free to choose dental care that suits you in terms of comfort, appearance and your life. We are proud of the quality of our care and offer extended 3-5 year guarantees on our private dental services. As a team we are skilled and experienced in helping people who are anxious or suffering from dental phobia and have a range of solutions to help you beat dental fear. We always provide printed cost estimates in advance of treatment. You can see our current private fee scale online.
Our Goal is to be the Most Trusted Private Dental Practice in Edinburgh
- We listen carefully to our patients hopes and concerns and always try to address them.
- We use high quality dental materials.
- We offer clinical skills to a high and modern standard.
- We provide a clean, modern facility designed to help us maintain rigorous infection control standards.
- We allow adequate time to both listen to and treat every single patient.
- Our whole team regularly update their skills and train together.
- We ensure that all the treatments we discuss are affordable and offer a range of payment options.
- We will always provide a printed estimate and ask for your permission before carrying out any treatment.
- A dentist can see new patients for a full examination within 15 working days.
- A dentist can provide same day emergency dental care.
- We will stand behind the quality of our care with an extended free replacement policy for all fillings, crowns and bridges. Full details are available in our welcome pack.
Finally we are a family practice and want to see every member of your family from the youngest to the oldest enjoy great dental health. With our modern preventive approach most of our younger patients do not need much or indeed any treatment. We do however have a dedicated member of our team to carry out advanced preventive care for our younger patients. We offer to register the children of our adult patients within the NHS or on a Private Basis.